Whew. So. Yesterday I was in London. It was fantastic. The sun appeared for most of the day, I caught up with 3 amazing Canadian girl friends from high school / Trin, and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the day walking around the city. Sometimes Cambridge just feels too small – whereas in London, I can walk the entire day without feeling that I’m walking at all! So many things to see & explore. I did a quick 35min cardio workout (10 min spin bike, 15 min elliptical pyramid, 10 min erg) and stretched before heading to the train station.
Turns out my shins might more of an issue than I thought, given that I am now basically a cripple. I wore running shoes, orthotics, & shorts into the city (basically an outfit that screams ‘AMERICAN!’ but thankfully there are enough tourists in London that I didn’t get hassled for things). The getup also prevented me from entering posh stores and spending wayyyyyyy too much money, so 2 bonuses were had :)
- breakfast – healthy peach cobbler + almond butter + 0% Greek yogurt
- lunch – raw seaweed salad @ SAF Kensington + extra tofu
- snack #1 – tiny (and I mean tiny) Monmouth coffee + plain frozen yogurt w/ granola & blueberries @ Yuforia (I knew I was having a late dinner, so I needed something to tide me over!)
- dinner – marinated kale salad with avocado + bowl of hummus w/ curry flax crackers @ Vitao in Soho
- snack #2 – by the time I got home, I was hungry again, but luckily I had stopped @ Planet Organic en route to dinner and picked up a freshly made organic blueberry muffin + low-fat rhubarb yogurt
Somewhat unintentionally I ended up having raw foods most of the day, excepting breakfast + dinner… love the fact that you can get awesome vegan/vegetarian food in London – unlike Cambridge. So to honour that awesomeness, here are some recent vegan recipes from fellow bloggers that look incredible!
Moving in T minus 2 days. Scary. After which time, I will definitely be cooking up a storm in our new kitchen!
~ Savoury ~
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole from The Snarky Chickpea
Pumpkin, Quinoa & Hazelnut Gnocchi from Canelle et Vanille
Sunbutter Noodles with Fresh Veggies from Good Things Grow
A Bowl of Goodness (brown rice, pinto beans, avocado cream, veg) from Adrienneats
~ Sweet ~
Apple Cider Dunkers from Never Homemaker
Vanilla Almond Protein Shake from Muffin Topless
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from Vegan Joy
Healthy Chocolate Pecan Pie from Chocolate Covered Katie